Dear Duval Families:
Please forward this email to others, but only to those certain to support this cause.
A new special LGBT rights ordinance has been proposed, and the first critical City Council meeting is Tuesday, January 10, 5:00 pm, City Hall, Downtown.
Our attendance numbers are critical. The bill will be defeated ONLY if certain Council members fear your future vote.
Please do the following:
- Arrive early, to assure a seat and better parking. The LGBTs intend to pack the room. Don’t let them win.
- Submit a speaker’s card, found at the front of the room. There will be two public comments opportunities, about midway through the meeting and at the end. But you can speak only once.
- Some topics are given below. And, the bill can be found here and our annotated version may soon be available here.
- Consider presenting only non-Biblical arguments. Those persuaded by religious authority are already on your side. It’s the others that need convincing.
- Please consider wearing “American flag” BLUE (blouse, shirt, coat). There will be “No To HRO” stickers at the entrance.
Here are some destructive features of the proposed law
- This is the most intentionally-deceptive special LGBT rights bill to date. It hides the 26 impacted sections of the municipal code, to make the proposal seem meager. And, to make the definition of “Gender Identity” and “Gender Expression” open to vast future interpretations and applications, the sponsors created a circular definition: Gender Identity is “gender-related identity”.
Further, Gender Identity, which is INWARD self-perception, is now OUTWARD BEHAVIOR, including “expression” and “appearance”. Meaning that the moment a straight man dons woman’s clothes he becomes a woman – this is preposterous and intentionally devious.
Even small donations are needed
- The term “Human Rights Ordinance” is a hoax. This is a preferential treatment law. It grants superior rights to LGBTs, while taking away rights from others.
- The morality and the social fabric of the Community will decline.
- Any church that opens its doors to non-members is a “Public Accommodation” and therefore not exempt. Organizations with a religious mission to feed the homeless or arrange adoptions are exposed to liability for professing their beliefs.
- Men alleging a female gender will be free to enter women and children’s, dressing, locker, shower and restrooms in "Public Accommodations" and homeless and abuse shelters – an unstoppable crime opportunity which will be exploited by sexual predators. “Women Only” facilities will cease to exist.
- In some schools, boys will be allowed to take part in overnight sleeping arrangements and to enter girls’ dressing, locker and shower areas, to expose themselves and to view girls in all stages of undress.
- Rational concerns for modesty, privacy, and safety will be re-categorized as “discrimination” under the new (and far from settled) concept of “gender identity”. Government now will encourage “Invasion of Privacy”, an actionable civil offense.
- All “Gender expression” is protected, so will be on display in public places and some schools, undermining the moral and religious training and values of children. The LGBT law will override the principal obligation of parents: To protect their children.
- Businesses will NOT be told what “gender expressions” they must tolerate to avoid prosecution. So, owners will be sitting ducks for bankrupting lawsuits. The 15-employee, small business exclusion will not apply in many cases, since many businesses are subject to the law as “Public Accommodations".
- The law will curb Free Speech and Religious Speech against LGBT lifestyles. It will compel government to punish those opposed to LGBT lifestyles. Anyone who dares express an anti-LGBT conviction (even one based on religious belief) in a consensual conversation is guilty of discrimination, if “discrimination” is perceived by someone overhearing it.
- Businesses will be forced to provide services that ultimately support and promote LGBT lifestyles which owners may oppose on religious grounds.
- Owners will suffer more lawsuits and government intrusion. One “rights” complaint could easily exceed $20,000 in legal fees and costs, and produce financial ruin.
- LGBTs will receive preferences in hiring, layoffs and in housing disputes.
- There is no objective, documented proof of discrimination. City and judiciary costs will increase needlessly, wasting hard-earned taxpayer dollars.
Jacksonville is the next target of the national LGBT Machine; see News from Houston. So, it’s important that we show strong opposition by our numbers.
Please attend, take action and, if you can, help fund our cause. Funding is needed to stop this harmful ordinance. Please contribute here. No donation is too small ($3, $5, $10; we need to pay for printing and office costs). And you can remain anonymous. You will get a receipt immediately. And feel free to send questions to DefendJaxFamilies@gmail.com.
The DefendJax Team
THE LIST OF ALL CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS IS
WE MUST CONTACT THEM TO MAKE
SURE THEY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND THAT
THEY WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE
Fellow Republicans are your highest priority........
REPUBLICANS & WHY TO CONTACT THEM:
LORI BOYER . . . VOTED FOR HRO
AARON BOWMAN . . . VOTED FOR HRO
JIM LOVE . . . VOTED FOR HRO
SCOTT WILSON . . . CAMPAIGNED FOR HRO
GREG ANDERSON . . . VOTED FOR THE HRO
ANNA BROCHE . . . ON THE FENCE
DANNY BECTON . . . ON THE FENCE
Lori Boyer, Scott Wilson, Anna Broche, and Danny
Becton all come you for your support and votes!!
DEMOCRATS & WHY TO CONTACT THEM:
Katrina Brown . . . on the fence
Gattett Davis . . . on the fence
Reggie Brown . . . on the fence
Gattett Dennis . . . on the fence